Monday, February 20, 2017

Sorting thru

What to keep and what to get rid of is an interesting process. Add into that process two different people's perspectives of what is important and you can come up with some interesting discussions. But the main objective is to compromise and lighten the load. Notice I put two things in my one objective. The process is getting easier as time goes on, we have been working on this for a good 18 months now. It's a very freeing feeling to let go of things. As we retire we look forward to not having the responsibilities of the work world, I can see how that thought process carries over to the rest of our lives. Taking care of all our "stuff" takes energy, energy that I don't need to be using. I feel like I can better use my time and manage only what I decide is important to my lifestyle. There are plenty of things written that tell you how to lighten the load, repack the baggage, how to declutter and organize, and why you should do so. I'm not about to tell you how to accomplish that or why you should, you can research that out yourselves. But I can share how it feels...liberated and released to walk the next steps in our trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment