Monday, July 27, 2020

It's been a while....

I'm a picture hoarder, I admit it. Currently I have over 24,000 pictures saved. One of the things I do with them is to figure out what I've been doing since I last blogged. I noticed that my last blog was in May. Rather than create individual blogs about each of our adventures I'll just put some of them in this post because I noticed that I have many activities documented in my photo folder.

Ukiah
We spent a Monday-Friday at a friends house in Ukiah, Oregon. That's right there's a Ukiah in Oregon, not just in California. Apparently the guy who settled in this place in Oregon came from Ukiah, California. He liked his home town so much that he decided to give the same name to this new favorite place of his in Oregon. Ukiah, settled in the Blue Mountains of Oregon, is a very small town. We had lasted visited in the winter with snow all around. Now we wanted to experience it while the green of springtime was still around. It was beautiful.

meadow next to house 


view as I went for a run 


do you know how hard it is to take a picture of one of these purple butterflies?

meadow seen on one of the hikes to Little Bald Mt.

Penland Lake

nearby river

hot springs! 

one of the many deer seen in the morning thru the spotting scope









Science Day and Tea Party 

Every year I have a science day with Zeke. I find experiments that he would enjoy. This is just some of them. 

Mentos in a bottle of Coke gets an interesting effect 

milk, food coloring and a toothpick with dish soap gets some interesting reactions 

did you know you can blow a bubble inside of a bubble inside of a bubble?

and who knew that a bar of Ivory Soap in the microwave could turn into this? 

The tea party was a dress up affair and mommy joined us this year. And stuffed animals are also invited. The animals tea set was from when my girls were small, I surprised mommy with it! 

Micaela helped me make most of this and she helped set the table 

all the guests 

we had fun making these edible critters 

Fruit picking 

We are fortunate to have many places to pick fruit here. Here we went to u-pick farms to get these. There are also random places to pick blackberries. 

lots of blueberries 

I had to freeze some of these, too many to eat 

Zeke, Micaela and Kirra (cousin)

only some of the peaches, they don't last very long at my house 

I'd better stop and make another blog post otherwise this one will get too long.







No comments:

Post a Comment