Sunday, May 7, 2017

New house

After looking at over 30 houses, putting in offers on 3, getting turned down twice, we found that the third offer worked. Yes, we have a house but will be renting back to the seller for 3 weeks. So our move in date is early June. That's okay because we are welcomed where we are staying right now.

Our new home is 300 square feet smaller than our previous home and that's okay with us. I can only describe it to you as I haven't figured out how to post pictures off my iPad. I guess pictures will be coming later. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 den, 2 baths, one large living area that includes the living, dining, and kitchen areas. It has a small covered deck in the back yard, a nice addition to the wetter weather that we have here. It sits on a quarter acre with a few pine trees in the back yard, a garden area and some landscaped areas. Gardening is one of my passions so I can't wait to see how the plants grow. The house itself needs some work. The main things that need to be done before winter is the roof and flue, and the south siding and a few windows need to be replaced. We were able to negotiate the price down due to the repairs needed. So between the contractors and ourselves we will be busy but not so busy that we can't enjoy retirement. And before we move in we will be painting some rooms, easier to do without all the furniture in the way. And apparently I have a helper for moving in to the new house, my 5 year old grandson. He is very eager to move things around for me. More details to come.


2 comments:

  1. congrats! Sounds like a good size, and can't wait for photos. Especially when you start gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either. Pictures will come.

    ReplyDelete