Saturday, May 27, 2017

Taking some trips..."vacations"

Our house closed on May 12 and the seller is renting back from us for 3 weeks, so we have some time to take off. We made a decision to go to the ocean for a few days. Cape Lookout, tide pooling at Haystack Rock and Indian Beach, visiting Fort Stevens to see the shipwreck Peter Iredale, and see some of the decommissioned fort. Then we took a day trip to Silver Falls State Park. It's a beautiful place with many water falls, some that you can walk behind! I can't wait until I can update these posts with some pictures!
I was wondering if calling these excursions "vacations" was the correct term. Being newly retired, everything feels like a vacation. Maybe my grandson has the right idea by calling these trips adventures. Anyway, it was nice to escape the house purchasing process, and see some different areas of my adopted home state of Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment