Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Post eclipse update

I have to admit, the eclipse was a special event. Even though my area only got 99.4% of totality it was interesting. I did not buy any eclipse viewing glasses. My eye sight is poor enough without risking any exposure to the sun. So we tried the pin hole in the box method, which worked okay. But the better way we found was to use the binoculars. We turned the large end towards the sun and projected the eclipse image out of the small end onto a flat surface, it worked great. It did not get totally dark in my driveway, remember we still had 0.6% of the sun shining, but it did get dark enough for the street lights to come on and the light sensors of passing cars turned on the headlights. And the temperature did drop enough to make me want to find a sweater. So now that event is over and if you're like me, you're seeing some great pictures and videos of the event all across the nation. So now it's off to our next adventure...more to come later!



No comments:

Post a Comment