Monday, June 19, 2017

Moving in

Moving in day was last week. My son-in-law came over to help. We needed his help moving some very heavy pieces of furniture and replacing the wax ring on a toilet. He stayed and helped empty the whole POD. It was cloudy and cool for most of the day and we did have an occasional rain shower, it turned out to be great weather for moving in.
Within 9 days we have managed to move most of our stuff in this house. Before moving we purged our possessions in order to fit what we thought we needed into our POD. Now that we are unpacking our possessions I'm wondering if we can purge some more. Two reasons draw me to this conclusion: I've lived without these things for 6+ months and I haven't missed some of it, and we moved from a 1354 square foot house to a 1060 square foot house-less space for what we thought we needed. So I think I will be purging again.
We also had to buy some things. We had set aside money for these purchases, it was just a matter of agreeing on what to buy. Curtains, rugs, shelving, a kitchen cart, were some of the bigger items. We will be waiting to purchase some things, looking on line at my free cycle group, or my buy nothing group, or FB marketplace to find items. It would be nice to have more seating in the living room. And I just realized that we have never bought a new couch, they have always been used-interesting, I wonder if we will find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment